Features - BestCrypt Volume Encryption
Encrypts the volume from which Windows boots from, as well as the volume where Windows stores system files.
User authentication before operating system loads is required when Windows System/Boot volume is encrypted.
Strong Encryption Algorithms
BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes strong encryption algorithms (AES, Serpent and Twofish). Every algorithm is implemented with the largest possible key size defined in the algorithm's specification, all available with the most secure XTS encryption mode (learn more).
Extra-layer security added to password protection with support for Yubikey and SafeNet eToken hardware tokens as well as regular removable disks for secure hardware storage of encryption keys.
Self-efficient encrypted USB
Create encrypted removable disks that can be later accessed with your password from another computer where BestCrypt Volume Encryption is not necessarily installed.
Scalabale disk encryption
Choose to encrypt entire computer, selected disk volumes or a single volume, whether entirely, or just the disk space taken by files.
Save time by automatically logging in to Windows with your encryption password.
To protect your computer when left unattended BestCrypt Volume Encryption automatically locks it during hibernation, encrypts contents of the hibernation file and requires authentication on wakeup.
Support for UEFI Secure Boot
Protects your password and encryption keys from being intercepted (e.g. with an Evil Made Attack) by checking digital signature of all modules responsible for booting encrypted computer.
Support for Trusted Computing (TPM)
Configure Unattended Mount at Restart to store encryption keys securely inside a Trusted Platform Module allowing to reboot without authentication. Useful for updating encrypted servers, remote management or sending encrypted computer to a service.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption does not interrupt with your workflow. You can continue using your computer while encryption is in progress. You can also pause the encryption process and resume it later.
Rescue Functions to Decrypt Volumes in Emergency Case
- Bootable CD/DVD
- Bootable USB
- Rescue decryption of non-system volumes with Rescue File
- Windows bootable Live CD
New Features in Version 4
- Camellia encryption algorithm with 256-bit key added
- Scrypt algorithm to derive key from password utilized to replace previous password-to-key procedure
- Zxcvbn algorithm to estimate strength of password added. Now when the user chooses password to encrypt data, dialog window will show a progress indicator and text description of the password strength (Bad, Week, Good, Great). Since encryption algorithms utilized in the software are unbreakable, the only weak place where attack is possible is to guess passwords. With Zxcvbn algorithm and clear illustration of the password strength this kind of attack becomes very hard
Two-Factor Authentication when encryption key is stored remotely on removable hardware
- Added support for Yubikey token devices
- Added support for SafeNet eToken devices on UEFI computers
- Key management procedures unified for all types of removable key storages: USB disks, eToken, Yubikey devices
When the option is set, the user enters his/her Windows credentials once and then only enters the boot time password every time the computer reboots. After that, the user will be automatically logged in without the need to enter Windows password. This removes the need to type passwords twice (learn more).
Faster initial encryption
Normally the software encrypts all sectors on a disk volume when the user decides to encrypt the volume. The process may require many hours for large disks. Previous versions allowed the process to run quickly for new, unformatted disk volumes, because only filesystem tables had to be encrypted in this case. This quick process is possible only for empty volumes, devoid of user data. New in version 4 is an option to encrypt volumes with the user data so that only sectors storing the data will be encrypted. If 2 TByte volume stores only 20 GB of data, then only 20 GB will be initially encrypted with this option. Please be sure to fully consider the relevant security precautions before using the option.
Enhancements in the user interface
- The user can manage the software with Simplified User Interface. Classic Advanced User Interface is also available (learn more)
- The System tray icon can be turned on to quickly observe statuses of disk volumes and mount/dismount them (learn more)
- The user can configure hot keys to run some frequently used operations easily (learn more)
- The Program menu has been restructured for better navigation and understanding
- Dialogs, icons, toolbar have been modified for better experience
Automatic Update Utility
The software now can be updated automatically according to the schedule configured by the user (learn more)
Encryption of group of disk volumes
Earlier versions of the software could encrypt a single disk volume at once. The user had to wait until initial encryption of first volume ended and then start encrypting next volume. Version 4 allows users to run the initial encryption process for all volumes (or a selected group of volumes) in a single operation (learn more).
Traveller Mode Disk
The program now allows creating a USB flash disk, that contains both the Traveller Files and the encrypted data. As a result, it can be mounted on a system where BestCrypt Volume Encryption is not installed, without any additional efforts (learn more).
Encrypt Selected Files and Folders (Endpoint Data Protection)
Wipe Selected Files & Folders Beyond Forensic Recovery (Endpoint Data Protection)
Deploy, Monitor, Set Encryption Policy Distribution & Password Recovery with Jetico Central Manager (Enterprise Edition)
Alternative languages (only for client side)
Jetico is only responsible for the English language version. Yet many of our users have kindly contributed translations of the software so it appears in their native language. Jetico appreciates our open global community of dedicated users and enables the distribution of these user-contributed translations:
If you would like to translate BestCrypt Volume Encryption client software into your native language, contact Jetico Technical Support.
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2011
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2003
(32-bit and 64-bit versions)