Disk Encryption is Smooth and Speedy in BestCrypt by Jetico
HELSINKI, Finland – September 19, 2018 – Jetico, long-trusted pioneer in encryption software, has announced a new version of its superior disk encryption. BestCrypt Volume Encryption v.4 now delivers a smoother interface and faster performance to encrypt hard drives.
For over 20 years, Jetico proudly serves customers with BestCrypt data encryption software, a reliable alternative to native OS encryption. BestCrypt delivers compliance with regulations, such as HIPAA and GDPR, as well as privacy for personal data at home. Data on lost computers or stolen laptops is safe with BestCrypt.
“Securing all the data on your computer is now faster than ever with just a couple of clicks. BestCrypt Volume Encryption is fully transparent to the OS and apps – fast, simple and invisible,” says Jetico CEO, Michael Waksman. “BestCrypt users will love the simplicity – easy setup in a polished new interface.”
Features & Benefits in Version 4
Reduced disk encryption time
- Faster than ever initial encryption by working only on used disk space
- Run initial encryption process for a group of disk volumes in just one click
More natural usability
- Single Sign-On means one less password to remember
- Traveller Mode disk to keep private data on encrypted USB storage and then access on systems without BestCrypt Volume Encryption installed
- Never miss a thing with Auto-Update
- Temporarily remove boot-time password for unattended reboots; now supports UEFI computers
- Configure hotkeys to run frequent operations with ease
- New encryption algorithms: Camellia and Scrypt
- Ensure secure passwords with strength-o-meter
- Added security layer with Two-Factor Authentication; now includes support for Yubikey as well as SafeNet eToken on UEFI computers
More intuitive user interface
- Just one glance to review encryption status, including mounted/dismounted volumes
- Navigate faster with restructured menu
- Redesigned dialogs, icons and toolbar for better user experience
Ongoing support for older versions of Windows
- Maintain computers running Windows XP SP3 and later, as well as earlier generations with MBR boot process
Compared to traditional full disk encryption, BestCrypt Volume Encryption is more flexible and user-friendly with lighter performance impact.
Since Jetico’s original release of volume encryption software over 10 years ago, BestCrypt Volume Encryption has reliably delivered a user-friendly solution for transparent encryption of data kept on both fixed and removable storage devices - from older MS-DOS styled volumes through to modern Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes, and Windows 8 Storage Spaces.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption – Enterprise Edition
For central management of disk encryption, Jetico also offers an Enterprise Edition of BestCrypt Volume Encryption. In addition to centralized deployment and monitoring, IT Admins are empowered with password recovery for rapid restore of encrypted client data in emergencies such as a forgotten password.
Jetico provides pure and simple data protection software for National Security, Compliance and Personal Privacy. Trusted for over 10 years by the U.S. Department of Defense, Jetico's BCWipe can wipe selected files beyond forensic recovery such as in response to classified data spills, while BCWipe Total WipeOut can erase hard drive data entirely such as for disposal or decommission. To protect stored data, Jetico's BestCrypt delivers compliant data encryption software for whole disks, virtual drives and selected files or folders. Jetico Enterprise Editions include central management for client software control.
Jetico products are trusted by government and military agencies, all of the top 10 U.S. defense contractors, many national laboratories, as well as various other enterprises and a wide global base of home and small business users in over 100 countries. Founded in 1995, Jetico is privately held and headquartered in the Otaniemi Science Park in Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit .
Phone (U.S.): +1 202 742 2901
Phone (Europe): +358 92 517 3030
Thank you for contacting Jetico! We will respond to you as soon as possible.
Send us a message - we'll reply within 24 business hours.
Need help now? Call
US: 202 742 2901