Jetico Improves Full Disk Wiping with Enhanced Compatibility and Stability
To deal with hardware conflicts when wiping hard drive data, Jetico has now released a useful update to BCWipe Total WipeOut. The latest version of Jetico's DoD wipe software provides better compatibility, thereby offering increased stability to entirely erase modern devices.
Version 2.68 of BCWipe Total WipeOut delivers:
- Updated Linux kernel
- By using 3.10.27 kernel BCWipe Total WipeOut supports recent hardware
- Improved 'ATA SECURITY ERASE' command support
- Disks that used to report wrong 'ATA SECURITY ERASE' command parameters are now fully supported
- Added support for Windows domains (only available with license 'For Enterprises')
- When writing logs to a Windows server, users can now specify Windows domain in addition to username
BCWipe Total WipeOut is run from a bootable disk to erase hard drive data entirely, including boot records, filesystem structures, operating system files and all data sectors and service areas of the drives like Host Protected Area (HPA) and Device Configuration Overlay (DCO).
BCWipe Total WipeOut enables users to conduct a DoD wipe according to U.S. Department of Defense recommendations to destroy data (DoD 5220.22-M), as well as other wiping schemes, or customize your own.
BCWipe Total WipeOut – For Enterprises
For wiping unlimited drives, Jetico offers licensing 'For Enterprises': One license 'For Enterprises' entitles you to download the software to make a single copy of BCWipe Total WipeOut on a bootable disk (CD/DVD or USB flash drive). Each copy with a license 'For Enterprises' may be used to wipe an unlimited amount of drives.