Disk Encryption Supporting UEFI Secure Boot Now Complete in BestCrypt by Jetico
HELSINKI, Finland - June 28, 2013 – Jetico, pioneer in security software, has announced a unique update to its leading-edge disk encryption software for volumes. BestCrypt Volume Encryption v.3.60.10 now delivers superior whole disk encryption by fully supporting Secure Boot for UEFI thanks to achieving formally approved and signed EFI binaries.
Jetico CEO Michael Waksman comments, "Unlike alternative disk encryption utilities that fall short in a variety of ways, Jetico now stands out above the pack with the unique versatility built into BestCrypt Volume Encryption. Just one single version of the software works properly for all Windows operating systems since XP up to the latest Windows 8 technologies - a universal solution for simplified deployment."
In addition to Secure Boot for UEFI, BestCrypt Volume Encryption fully supports the following operating systems for any boot configuration:
- Windows 8, including UEFI and Secure Boot technologies
- Windows 7, including UEFI
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2012, including UEFI and Secure Boot technologies
- Windows Server Home Server 2011, including UEFI
- Windows Server 2008 R2, including UEFI
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server Home Server
- Windows Server 2003
BestCrypt Volume Encryption version 3.60.10 offers the following added features and benefits:
- Full support for UEFI Secure Boot
- Protection against malware injection - eliminates a whole class of malware (boot kits) by executing only signed code and boot loaders before the operating system loads
- Versatility to cover the widest variety of Windows boot versions in a single disk encryption software
- Expanded compatibility - BestCrypt Volume Encryption now also runs on computers that can not disable Secure Boot
- Trusted encryption algorithms with the largest possible key size in advanced security XTS or LRW encryption modes: AES (Rijndael), Serpent, Twofish
- Compliance with security requirements to avoid data theft or regulatory penalties
- Speed, flexibility and privacy for anyone concerned with protecting sensitive information on lost computers or stolen laptops
Compared to traditional full disk encryption, BestCrypt Volume Encryption is more flexible with lighter performance impact.
Since Jetico’s original release of volume encryption software 7 years ago, BestCrypt Volume Encryption has reliably delivered a user friendly solution for transparent encryption of data kept on both fixed and removable storage devices - from older MS-DOS styled volumes through to modern Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes, and Windows 8 Storage Spaces.
Jetico CEO concludes, "As a pioneer in disk encryption, Jetico is proud to actively respond to the demands of our users and advance our product leadership in the data protection market."
BestCrypt Volume Encryption – Enterprise Edition
For central management of disk encryption, Jetico also offers an Enterprise Edition of BestCrypt Volume Encryption. In addition to centralized deployment and monitoring, IT Admins are empowered with password recovery for rapid restore of encrypted client data in emergencies such as a forgotten password.
Jetico provides military-standard data protection software for sensitive and mission-critical data throughout the lifecycle. Approved for use by the U.S. Department of Defense, Jetico's BCWipe is for clearing files with surgical precision such as in response to classified data spills, while BCWipe Total WipeOut can erase hard drive data entirely such as for disposal or decommission. Jetico's BestCrypt disguises the data you keep with strong encryption that’s easy to use. Enterprise Editions of Jetico software include Jetico Central Manager to empower Administrators with control of client software on remote computers.
Jetico products are trusted by government and military agencies, all of the top 10 U.S. defense contractors, many national laboratories, as well as various other enterprises and a wide global base of home and small business users in over 100 countries. Founded in 1995, Jetico is privately held and headquartered in the Otaniemi Science Park in Helsinki, Finland. For more information please visit jetico.com.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Sales and Marketing Specialist, Jetico
Phone (U.S.): 1-202-742-2901
Thank you for contacting Jetico! We will respond to you as soon as possible.
Send us a message - we'll reply within 24 business hours.
Need help now? Call
US: 202 742 2901