Boost Disk Encryption Performance and Security with BestCrypt Volume Encryption 3
New disk encryption software from Jetico takes speed, flexibility and privacy to the next level
HELSINKI, Finland - April 18, 2012 - Security software pioneer, Jetico has announced the release of version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption. Back in 2006, Jetico introduced the world's first native disk encryption software for volumes – a more flexible and user friendly method than preceding full disk encryption. Now in its third version, BestCrypt Volume Encryption delivers superior speed, flexibility and privacy for anyone concerned with protecting sensitive information on lost computers or stolen laptops.
Building upon the powerful features in previous versions of BestCrypt Volume Encryption, version 3 offers the following added benefits:
- Faster initial encryption
- as much as 4 times faster for new encrypted volumes when initialized by random data
- Overall performance boost
- 30% increase by utilizing hardware encryption support in the latest processors
- Rapid, convenient reconfiguration
- now works faster by automatically adapting internal information to skip decryption when changing configurations, such as RAID size or location
- Two-Factor Authentication with conventional removable disks such as USB sticks
- encryption keys can be moved to removable storage, so anyone who wants to access an encrypted volume must: 1) know password for the key; 2) have the removable disk where the key is stored
- Option to boot encrypted volumes from trusted network for added layer of security
- Secure unattended reboot for enhanced server administration
- Inbuilt protection against accidental formatting in Windows systems
- users can now disable certain Windows messages to prevent accidental formatting of encrypted volumes
"As volume encryption leaders, we are proud to release BestCrypt Volume Encryption 3. Many of our customers are happy to find a disk encryption solution that works on RAID. Satisfied users report that where other common encryption tools fail, BestCrypt Volume Encryption runs very well," highlights Jetico CEO, Michael Waksman.
Since the release of the original volume encryption software six years ago, Jetico's BestCrypt Volume Encryption has reliably delivered a user friendly solution for transparent encryption of data kept on both fixed and removable storage devices - from older MS-DOS styled volumes through to modern Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes. This updated version promises the same high-powered encryption, with improvements designed to make the software even faster and more adaptable to user needs.
Mr. Waksman adds, "users of BestCrypt Volume Encryption gain the confidence that private data on a stolen laptop or lost computer cannot be accessed."
BestCrypt Volume Encryption – Enterprise Edition
For central management of disk encryption, Jetico also offers an Enterprise Edition of BestCrypt Volume Encryption. In addition to centralized deployment and monitoring, IT Admins are empowered with password recovery for rapid restore of encrypted client data in emergencies such as a forgotten password.
Jetico provides military-standard data protection software for sensitive and mission-critical data throughout the lifecycle. Approved for use by the U.S. Department of Defense, Jetico's BCWipe is for clearing files with surgical precision such as in response to classified data spills, while BCWipe Total WipeOut can erase hard drive data entirely such as for disposal or decommission. Jetico's BestCrypt disguises the data you keep with strong encryption that’s easy to use. Enterprise Editions of Jetico software include Jetico Central Manager to empower Administrators with control of client software on remote computers.
Jetico products are trusted by government and military agencies, all of the top 10 U.S. defense contractors, many national laboratories, as well as various other enterprises and a wide global base of home and small business users in over 100 countries. Founded in 1995, Jetico is privately held and headquartered in the Otaniemi Science Park in Helsinki, Finland. For more information please visit jetico.com.
Phone (U.S.): 1-202-742-2901
Thank you for contacting Jetico! We will respond to you as soon as possible.
Send us a message - we'll reply within 24 business hours.
Need help now? Call Us
US: 202 742 2901