Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your
feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows system for server installation:
- OS: Windows XP SP2 or newer (both 32- and 64-bit server or desktop systems are supported)
- RAM: 1GB minimal, 4GB recommended
- Disk Space: 500MB minimal, 2GB recommended
Oracle Java 8 (Get it for free from www.java.com/download)
- Reboot is recommended after installing Java.
- Attention! OpenJDK Java 8 implementation is not supported.
SQL Database (optional)*:
- MySQL 5.0 or newer
- PostgreSQL 9.0 or newer
* Recommended for reliability with larger setup. For evaluation or use in smaller office, BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition uses embedded Java database by default, no additional actions required.
DHCP service (optional)**
** Required for network PXE boot
Supported Hardware (wipe target)
- x86, BIOS or EFI
- x64, BIOS or EFI, including Intel-based Mac
- 64-bit SPARC
BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition operates on a hardware level, independent of what’s on the disk.
16-March-2021 | v.4.2.01
- Fixed error in reading USB serial numbers for some USB models.
28-April-2020 | v.4.2.00
- Updated Linux kernel modules to version 5.4.22 .
- Updated GRUB module to version 2.04 .
- Added 'Automatic mode' for offline wiping devices (USB and ISO).
22-October-2019 | v.4.1.02
- Updated embedded Apache pool library.
13-August-2019 | v.4.1.0
- Added NIST Compliance wiping schemes.
- Added support for solid-state hybrid drives.
- Fixed minor bugs
05-February-2019 | v.4.0.0
- Added capability to boot EFI machines over network.
- Added capability to wipe network storage drives (SAN).
- Improved automatic removal of disk freeze lock.
- Customized reports.