Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition needs Windows system for server installation:
- OS: Windows XP SP2 or newer (both 32- and 64-bit server or desktop systems are supported)
- RAM: 1GB minimal, 4GB recommended
- Disk Space: 500MB minimal, 2GB recommended
Oracle Java 8 (Get it for free from www.java.com/download)
- Reboot is recommended after installing Java.
- Attention! OpenJDK Java 8 implementation is not supported.
- For small offices and evaluation, BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition can use embedded Java database (default setting), no additional actions required.
- For intensive operations and higher reliability, a separate database server is recommended:
- MySQL 5.0 or newer
- PostgreSQL 9.0 or newer
DHCP service is required for booting wiping target over the network.
BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition operates on a hardware level, independent of what’s on the disk.
BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition allows you to boot a computer with one of following platforms:
- x86, BIOS or EFI
- x64, BIOS or EFI, including Intel-based Mac
- 64-bit SPARC
10-September-2018 | v.3.5.4
- Improved wiping reports: introduced tabular form for CSV and XLSX formats that allows selecting columns to be included in the report and sorting the records.
- Added timestamp to records in offline log files. Offline log files can now include records for multiple wiping sessions.
25-June-2018 | v.3.5.3
- Improved support for unfreezing ATA Erase function.
18-January-2018 | v.3.5.2
- Updated Linux kernel to v.4.14.
- Fixed issue with booting the latest version of MacBook Pro.
29-May-2017 | v.3.5.1
14-December-2016 | v.3.5.0
- Added support for Non-Volatile Memory Express drives (NVMe) working with native commands such as User Data Erase and Cryptographic Erase.
- Added ability to eliminate BIOS restrictions and automatically unfreeze drives before using the native firmware command ATA Secure Erase.
- Improved reports and logging.
- Fixed minor bugs.
01-June-2016 | v.3.0.4
- Updated Linux kernel to v.4.5.
- Improved boot logging - boot logs now sent to Internet and/or written on USB drives.
02-May-2016 | v.3.0.3
- Unified code base for BCWipe Total WipeOut and BCWipe Total WipeOut - Enterprise Edition.
04-December-2015 | v.3.0.2
- Added 'Auto-Wipe' option for a group of computers. When enabled, the wiping process is started automatically as soon as the computer boots from network.
- Improved reports interface and added 'Process Duration' and 'I/O errors' fields.
- Added 'Wiping Policy' and 'Report Options' settings to default groups.
- Improved processing of bad sectors.
- Added ability to choose wiping policy on client side (Offline mode only).
- Added ability to open automatically firewall port during deployment.
- Fixed issue with certificate installation in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed error in reporting information about HPA/DCO reset.
17-September-2015 | v.3.0.1
- Commercial version 3.0 of BCWipe Total WipeOut released.
- Added capability to centrally manage wiping operations.
- Added capability to centrally create and store wiping reports.
- Added browser-based interface.
- Added support for role-based access control.
- Added capability to create wiping policies.
- Added support for PXE booting option.