Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
BCWipe for Mac supports the following operating systems (including 32 and 64-bit versions):
17-April-2019 | v.1.1.161
- Notarized by Apple for compatibility with Gatekeeper.
13-December-2017 | v.1.1.91
- Improved wiping of APFS-formatted volumes.
09-February-2017 | v.1.1.47
- Fixed error in program update.
- Fixed issues for macOS Sierra compatibility.
- Added uninstall ability from the application main menu.
23-September-2016 | v.1.1.27
- Added support for macOS Sierra.
24-June-2016 | v.1.1.14
15-March-2016 | v.1.1
- Added uninstall ability from the main menu.
- Fixed minor bugs.
03-September-2014 | v.1.0.262
- Improved trash bin wiping.
- Added warning when trying to wipe data on SSD.
12-February-2014 | v.1.0.240
- Improved application stability.
- Eliminated random crashes when running long tasks.
13-November-2013 | v.1.0.232
- Improved free space wiping for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
04-October-2013 | v.1.0.226
- Improved wiping files owned by other users.
28-March-2012 | v.1.0
Commercial version 1.0 of BCWipe for Mac released.
- Compared Mac’s own ‘Secure Empty Trash’ feature, BCWipe offers the following added benefits:
- Permanently delete files selectively with military-grade procedures
- Wipe free space and file slack on your Mac to remove all traces of previously deleted files
- Wipe a whole drive or partition mounted on your active computer (including external USB flash drives)
- BCWipe Task Manager to conveniently manage wiping tasks and logging
13-December-2011 | v.1.0 Beta
- Beta version 1.0 of BCWipe for Mac announced.