BestCrypt Functions Embedded in Windows
Users may run main commands of the BestCrypt system from Windows Explorer.
The commands to create a file-container, open it for access (mount), delete a file-container,
dismount a BestCrypt virtual drive, and wipe free disk space are available from Explorerís context menus.
BestCrypt file-containers have their own icons when they are displayed in the Explorerís file list:
When you run the standard Windows Properties command for the BestCrypt virtual drive or for the
BestCrypt file-container, an additional Properties page for BestCrypt will appear.
The BestCrypt Properties page for the virtual drive contains the following information:
- file-name of the container that is currently mapped to this virtual drive;
- containerís description;
- encryption algorithm;
- key generator;
BestCrypt Properties page for the container-files includes the following information:
- file-name of the container;
- description of the container;
- encryption algorithm;
- key generator name;
NOTE: If you want to change these attributes, you should make sure that the container is not mounted and click
Change Container Properties dialog.
. In this case
BestCrypt will open
- drive: BestCrypt virtual drive letter (if the container is mounted);
- full-access: name of the computer from which this container is mounted for full-access;
The following BestCrypt commands are available from Windows Shell:
- To create a new BestCrypt file-container, you should run the New command from Explorer using a standard menu
or pop-up menu.
To open a BestCrypt file-container, you should run the Open command from
Explorer using the standard menu or pop-up menu.
If you wish to delete a file-container from Explorer, you should point to the file-container and run the
command Delete Container. BestCrypt will ask you
to enter the password for the container to check if you have access rights for deletion.
To dismount a BestCrypt virtual drive from the Windows Shell, you should run the Dismount
command from a context menu. (Point to the virtual drive with the mouse and click the right mouse button).
The following BCWipe commands are available from Windows Shell:
To get more information, read Help documentation for BCWipe.
- Delete with wiping. Using the command,
appeared in context menus for files/folders, you can delete and wipe file or folder, as well as selected group of files/folders.
- Wipe free disk space - use this command, appeared in context menus for drives
to completely remove all the traces of earlier deleted files.
- Wipe Recycle Bin - use this command appeared in pop-up menu of Recycle Bin to wipe contents of Recycle Bin.
- Move With Source Wiping - use this command appeared when you perform drag-and-drop
operation using right mouse button, to wipe the files from the original location.
The following BCArchive commands are available from Windows Shell:
To get more information, read Help documentation for BCArchive.
New -> Jetico BestCrypt Archive - use the command to create new encrypted archive
using BCArchive utility.
Add to .bca - this command appears in pop-up menu for a file or folder. Run the command
to create new encrypted archive using BCArchive utility, and put the selected file/folder to the archive.
Encrypt by public key and send - use the command to encrypt the
selected file/folder with a public key existing in your Local Public Key Database and send
it to the owner of the public key as an attachment using your e-mail program.