Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
BestCrypt Volume Encryption supports the following operating systems, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
NOTE: Itanium platform is not supported.
15-February-2018 | v.3.77.07 | driver 2.94
- Fixed occasional error in 'Anti-Keylogger'.
13-December-2017 | v.3.77.05 | driver 2.93
- Improved for compatibility with Windows 10 version 1709 (build 16299.98).
- Improved failover protection when resuming encrypted systems from sleep mode.
01-December-2017 | v.3.77.04 | driver 2.92
- Updated to comply with the Enterprise Edition, that now works with Jetico Central Manager version 3.
14-November-2017 | v.3.77.03 | driver 2.92
- Removed delay in boot time password prompt appearing for UEFI-based computers.
23-October-2017 | v.3.77.02 | driver 2.92
- Improved for compatibility with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
- Improved failover protection for BestCrypt Volume Encryption service.
20-July-2017 | v.3.75.00 | driver 2.90
- Added support for transparent Windows 10 Feature Updates installation (including Windows 10 Creators Update) and upgrading to Windows 10 with system / boot volumes encrypted.
31-May-2017 | v.3.73.05 | driver 2.89
- Added support for new-style user licenses.
28-April-2017 | v.3.73.04 | driver 2.89
- Fixed rescue procedure for 4KB sectors in pre-boot UEFI module.
- Enhanced security for buffers allocated by the user level program.
24-January-2017 | v.3.73.02 | driver 2.89
- Added ability to check BitLocker's encryption status to avoid software conflict.
- Improved command line functionality.
- Fixed minor bugs.
21-September-2016 | v.3.72.01 | driver 2.88
- Kernel mode drivers digitally signed by Microsoft for compatibility with Windows 10 version 1607, also known as the Anniversary Update.
- Fixed error in 'Traveller' mode.
22-August-2016 | v.3.71.08 | driver 2.87
- Added ability to customize boot loader screen resolutions.
- Fixed conflict with mounted TrueCrypt drives.
- Fixed error in 'Unattended Mount at Restart' implementation.
- Fixed occasional problem when backing up encrypted volumes with Windows Server 2012 Backup Service.
- Enterprise Edition: Fixed error when checking passwords in 'Manage Encryption Locally' mode.
23-June-2016 | v.3.71.06 | driver 2.85
- Improved 'Rescue USB' utility to support UEFI-based systems.
- Improved stability of encrypted removable devices.
- Enterprise Edition: Fixed error when BestCrypt Volume Encryption forced attached USB devices to be continuously re-mounted on client machines.
- Fixed minor bugs.
29-February-2016 | v.3.71.03 | driver 2.84
- Fixed occasional error on 32-bit systems encrypted by AES algorithm with hardware acceleration.
25-November-2015 | v.3.71.00 | driver 2.82
- Improved 'Send System Information' utility.
- Fixed error in setting 'Hardware Acceleration' option.
06-July-2015 | v.3.70.22 | driver 2.80
- Fixed occasional problem with resetting counter of unsuccessful attempts to enter password.
- Removed 'BestCrypt Volume Encryption loading...' instant boot-time message.
- Improved reliability when encrypting/decrypting removable disks.
16-June-2015 | v.3.70.19 | driver 2.79
- Updated for compatibility with Jetico Central Manager v.2.5.
12-May-2015 | v.3.70.18 | driver 2.79
- Fixed recognition of volumes with long disk label.
- Updated mounting procedure for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 Preview.
06-February-2015 | v.3.70.12 | driver 2.78
- Fixed problem entering Hibernation mode for systems installed on RAID volumes.
07-January-2015 | v.3.70.10 | driver 2.77
- Fixed conflict with Windows Chkdsk utility.
17-December-2014 | v.3.70.09 | driver 2.76
- Fixed ability to recognize eToken devices.
19-November-2014 | v.3.70.08 | driver 2.76
- Improved performance.
- Added support for 'Windows To Go'.
- Fixed error in keeping network shares on encrypted volumes.
03-June-2014 | v.3.62.16 | driver 2.59
- Fixed issue with 'Windows Automatic Repair' after some Windows updates on UEFI-based computers.
16-April-2014 | v.3.62.14 | driver 2.59
- Fixed system crash after some Windows updates (non-English versions of Windows).
- Fixed occasional hang when resuming encrypted system from hibernate.
26-February-2014 | v.3.62.11 | driver 2.58
- Fixed 'Error in loading Bestcrypt Volume Encryption UEFI Bootloader' on some Windows 7 systems.
13-February-2014 | v.3.62.10 | driver 2.57
- Added support for 32-bit UEFI-based computers.
- Fixed issue with 'Windows Automatic Repair' after encrypting system volume on some UEFI-based computers' models.
05-February-2014 | v.3.61.00 | driver 2.56
20-January-2014 | v.3.60.26 | driver 2.55
- Fixed occasional system hang when typing a symbol in 'Password enter' box.
05-December-2013 | v.3.60.25 | driver 2.55
- Recovered alert message about incorrect password attempts at boot time.
- Fixed error in TPM module detection.
- Fixed error in Anti-keylogger filter when working through Remote Desktop Connection.
28-October-2013 | v.3.60.24 | driver 2.54
- Improved for compatibility with Windows 8 Updates.
17-October-2013 | v.3.60.21 | driver 2.54
- Fixed compatibility issue with Dell UEFI-based computers.
01-October-2013 | v.3.60.15 | driver 2.54
30-July-2013 | v.3.60.14 | driver 2.54
- Information gathering utility added to report encrypted volumes and system details for error diagnosis.
- Fixed sector counter in rescue procedure for large volumes.
- Added the ability to automatically disable Windows 'Fast Startup' option in Windows 8 which created insecure conditions for encrypted volumes.
02-July-2013 | v.3.60.11 | driver 2.53
- Improved update procedure for encrypted UEFI-based computers.
28-June-2013 | v.3.60.10 | driver 2.53
- Full support for UEFI Secure Boot.
24-June-2013 | v.3.50.20 | driver 2.52
- Enterprise Edition: Fixed minor bug.
14-June-2013 | v.3.50.19 | driver 2.52
- Fixed occasional system failure after encryption of boot volume on 64-bit systems.
11-April-2013 | v.3.50.16 | driver 2.51
- Enhanced support for saving/restoring network shares for large amounts of shared resources.
- Added support for non-standard UEFI boot manager on computers with ASRock motherboards.
- Fixed issue with hibernate mode on Windows 8 computers.
12-March-2013 | v.3.50.14 | driver 2.50
05-March-2013 | v.3.50.13 | driver 2.50
15-February-2013 | v.3.50.12 | driver 2.49
23-November-2012 | v.3.50.08 | driver 2.47
25-October-2012 | v.3.50.05 | driver 2.47
- Enterprise Edition: Central management of encryption policy distribution from JCM Console.
05-September-2012 | v.3.50.02 | driver 2.46
28-August-2012 | v.3.50.01 | driver 2.45
- Support for Windows 8, including the ability to encrypt Storage Spaces.
- Support for UEFI-based computers.
18-April-2012 | v.3.01.01 | driver 2.38
Commercial version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption released.
- Faster initial encryption
-In previous versions, the initial encryption process required encrypting entire volume. For large disks with terabytes of data, the initial encryption process would have required dozens of hours. So when you have a new disk drive with practically no information to be initially encrypted, version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows you to just run a "Format and encrypt" process that avoids the long initial encryption of all that unused disk space. BestCrypt Volume Encryption is now as much as 4 times faster for new encrypted volumes when initialized by random data.
- Rapid, convenient reconfiguration with More robust support of encrypted disk volumes
-To reconfigure the size, location or type of software RAID, earlier versions of the software first required decryption of the encrypted volumes. Now version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption automatically adapts its internal information for encrypted volumes when changing their configuration.
- Two-Factor Authentication with conventional removable disks (like USB sticks)
-With version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption, encryption keys can be moved to removable storage. So anyone who wants to access an encrypted volume must: 1) know password for the key; 2) have the removable disk where the key is stored.
- Option to boot encrypted volumes from trusted network for added layer of security
-In this case, encryption keys of boot/system disk volumes are not stored on the local computer, but on a network server. Enterprises can now benefit from an additional level of security. Since encryption keys are stored on an enterprise server, access to encrypted computers will be only possible when connected to the enterprise network.
- Overall performance boost from support for new machine instructions (AES-NI) in the latest Intel processors
-As a result, speed of the AES encryption module utilizing AES-NI instructions increased up to 5 times. Disk access to the encrypted volumes now operate up to 30% faster.
- Secure unattended reboot for enhanced server administration
-Version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware available on many motherboards for the purpose of unattended reboot of computers with encrypted boot/system disk volumes. This feature is necessary to manage servers that are required to function around the clock. If such a server has an encrypted boot/system volume, every reboot of the server requires manual password entry at boot time. With this new feature, a server administrator can choose an interval of time when BestCrypt Volume Encryption (with help of TPM) should support unattended reboot of the server.
- Inbuilt protection against accidental formatting in Windows systems
-Users can now disable certain Windows messages to prevent accidental formatting of encrypted volumes. When Windows discovers that an encrypted unmounted volume has been connected, it asks for the volume to be formatted. In some cases, this resulted in accidental formatting of encrypted volumes. Version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption now has the option to disable Windows formatting messages and offers an additional option to suggest mounting the volume for access.
19-January-2012 | v.3.00.1 | driver v.2.38
- Beta version of BestCrypt Volume Encryption 3 announced.