Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
BestCrypt Volume Encryption supports the following operating systems, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
NOTE: Itanium platform is not supported.
28-September-2021 | v.5.03.1 | driver v.4.46
- Announced general availability of BestCrypt Volume Encryption 5
- Introduced support for ARIA encryption algorithm
- Added ability to customize parameters for scrypt key derivation algorithm
- Added support for Self-Encrypting Drives (SED / TCG Opal 2.0)
- Improved performance for recovery decryption
- Added ability to embed BestCrypt Volume Encryption modules into Windows Recovery Environment
- Added BestCrypt Volume Encryption commands to right-click menu for drives in Windows Explorer
- Improved performance for NVMe drives
- Improved performance for AES, ARIA and Camellia encryption algorithms
- Added customizable graphical boot-time password themes
- Added support for international characters in passwords
- Added support for wider range of PKCS#15 smart cards and security tokens
- Added support for TPM as a second factor
- Added support for Platform Trust Technology (PTT) and other fTPM technologies
- Added BestCrypt Data Shelter utility to protect data from unauthorized access, even when it's actively in use.
25-November-2020 | v.4.24.2 | driver 4.34 | service 4.11
- Ready for Windows 10's October 2020 Update (20H2)
02-April-2020 | v.4.24.1 | driver 4.34 | service 4.11
- Fixed occasional volume corruption when dismounting volumes during hibernation.
- Added the command 'Mount a volume to a specified drive letter' to the command line functionality.
12-February-2020 | v.4.23.1 | driver 4.34 | service 4.9
- Updated recovery utility to support recovering of BCVE boot option.
- Fixed "Internal error 2" preventing the boot volume to be displayed in the list.
16-January-2020 | v.4.22.0 | driver 4.34 | service 4.7
- Repaired custom boot-time password prompt theme.
- Resolved conflict with CyberLink PowerDVD software.
24-December-2019 | v.4.21.0 | driver 4.34
- Added a distinct BCVE boot option for UEFI systems.
- Improved 'Registration' procedure.
- Fixed an issue with screen resolution for boot-time password prompt.
- Fixed an occasional error in the counter of incorrect passwords attempts.
17-October-2019 | v.4.18.0 | driver 4.32
- Ready for Windows 10’s November 2019 Update (19H2)
09-September-2019 | v.4.07.17 | driver 4.29.3
- Fixed 'Watchdog Violation' blue screen, or system freeze at system startup caused by driver memory corruption
27-August-2019 | v.4.07.13 | driver 4.29.1
- Fixed occasional service deadlock
- Improved protection of BCVE boot loader
12-July-2019 | v.4.07.9 | driver 4.29
- Added Japanese translation
- Added a display of the anti-keylogger's output to the BCVE anti-keylogger testing feature
- Fixed performance drag on NVMe disks
- Fixed minor bugs
29-Mar-2019 | v.4.05.1 | driver 4.17
- Ready for Windows 10 April 2019 Update (Windows 10 1903)
- Fixed minor bugs
07-Mar-2019 | v.4.04.5 | driver 4.16
- Updated to comply with Enterprise Edition
21-Dec-2018 | v.4.03.01 | driver 4.14
- Added support for Yubikey 5
- Improved rescue decryption utility
- Fixed error in AutoUpdate utility
06-Dec-2018 | v.4.02.08 | driver 4.12
- Added 'Automatic dismount' options for encrypted volumes
06-Nov-2018 | v.4.02.07 | driver 4.12
- Fixed tray icon sometimes not mounting and dismounting volumes
- Fixed TPM chip not detected on MBR computers
- Added ability to minimize the encryption progress window
- Fixed issue with password not accepted sometimes at first attempt for volumes mounted at user's logon
12-Oct-2018 | v.4.02.06 | driver 4.11
- Fixed encryption process crashing in enterprise mode (JCM v.2)
- Fixed rescue environment not displaying the progress of decryption
- Fixed UI being occasionally unresponsive when launched in Administrator mode
27-Sept-2018 | v.4.02.05 | driver 4.11
- Fixed occasional crash with blue screen at system shutdown
- Fixed Single Sign-On feature not working when installed within BestCrypt Suite
19-Sept-2018 | v.4.02.03 | driver 4.09
- Announced general availability of BestCrypt Volume Encryption v.4 for Windows
List of new features
BestCrypt Volume Encryption v.4 Beta
16-Aug-2018 | v.4.01.15 | driver 4.08 - Release Candidate
- Added support for TPM 2.0
- Added Traveller Mode Disk function
- Fixed minor bugs
23-May-2018 | v.4.01.09 | driver 4.04
- Improved performance for Camellia encryption algorithm
- Added ability to automatically recover 'Mount at boot time' setting if it was lost during Windows update
24-Apr-2018 | v.4.01.06 | driver 2.94
- Introduced simplified version of the user interface, now available under Application -> 'Switch to Simple mode'
- Added ability to display password characters typed at boot time.
- Corrected errors reported by beta-program participants
- Updated user manual to describe the new features in more detail
15-Mar-2018 | v.4.01.02 | driver 2.94
- Announced Beta version of Jetico BestCrypt Volume Encryption v.4. Click here to see what's new and download the software.