Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form.
Minimum System Requirements
- 10.1 MB disk space
- Mac computer with Intel or M1
Supported Operating Systems
BestCrypt Container Encryption for Mac supports the following operating systems, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions:
11-February-2021 | v.2.2.7
- Improved compatibility with M1 Apple Silicon chip
22-December-2020 | v.2.2
- Added support for newest Macs with M1 chips.
30-October-2020 | v.2.1.18
- Updated for compatibility with macOS Big Sur.
- Added support for Camellia encryption algorithm.
- Fixed issues with uninstalling Container Guard module.
25-June-2020 | v.2.1.0
- Updated Container Guard module for compatibility with macOS Catalina 10.15.6.
7-November-2019 | v.2.0.190
- Improved for macOS Catalina compatibility.
17-April-2019 | v.2.0.161
- Notarized by Apple for compatibility with Gatekeeper.
19-February-2019 | v.2.0.153
- Improved for compatibility with macOS Mojave.
- Added support for macOS Mojave dark theme.
16-February-2018 | v.2.0.100
- Fixed error in mounting containers at custom location on macOS High Sierra.
13-December-2017 | v.2.0.91
- Improved handling of AES-encrypted containers for compatibility with macOS High Sierra.
05-October-2017 | v.2.0.81
- Improved support for APFS-formatted containers.
24-May-2017 | v.2.0.62
- Fixed error in mounting containers at custom location.
28-December-2016 | v.2.0.40
- Fixed minor compatibility issue with macOS Sierra.
23-September-2016 | v.2.0.27
- Added support for macOS Sierra.
20-June-2016 | v.2.0.13
15-March-2016 | v.2.0.0
Commercial version 2.0 of BestCrypt Container Encryption for Mac released.
- Added ability to create containers with Keyfiles.
- Improved compatibility with containers created on Windows, Linux and Android.
- Added ability to perform several operations on different containers simultaneously.
- Added new key stretching functionality, including control over iteration counter and salt randomizing.
- Added ability to set mount point, key files, hash algorithm, iterations count, salt and encrypt header at container creation time.
- Added support for RC6 and SERPENT encryption algorithms.
- Added support for Whirlpool, SHA3 and SHA-512 hash algorithms.
- Redesigned GUI: simplified mounting and sorting processes, progress bar of encryption operations.
- Added ability to access protected containers directly from Finder.
- Added ability to set virtual disk label when creating new or hidden containers.