PsExec utility included in Sysinternal�s package PsTool, allows to run processes remotely with no manual installation of software on the remote system, that makes deployment easy. JCM administrator can use PsExec to deploy JCM agent as follows:
- Create a folder, share it in your network and copy here the JCI Setup file generated by JCM Console, named like this:
- Download the PSTools package and extract the archive. Copy the file PsExec.exe to a working directory (say, C:\working_folder).
- Open Windows Command Prompt in administrative mode and navigate to the working directory.
- Next steps are different for domain and non-domain computers.
- For target computers that are members of a domain:
- Make sure that you are logged in as Domain Administrator
- Create a text file (say, computers.txt) where all the target computers are listed one-by-one, each in the new line. Put the file to the working directory.
- Run the command:
>PsExec.exe @computers.txt -h -c \\SHARE_NAME\jci_setup__IP_ADDRESS_8443_COMPANY_ID_some_random_sequence__.exe
(you can also use the local path to the shared folder with the executable file)
- For non-domain computers, perform these steps for each target computer:
- Open Windows Registry Editor and navigate to:
Right-click on System, create new DWORD value, name it LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and set it to 1.
- Turn on �file and printer sharing�.
- Run the command (adminUser is the local administrator account):
>PsExec.exe \\COMPUTER_NAME -h -u \adminUser -c \\SHARE_NAME\�jci_setup__IP_ADDRESS_8443_COMPANY_ID_some_random_sequence__.exe�
You will be asked for password for the local administrator account.