BCWipe Total WipeOut Enterprise can wipe drives in either Online Mode or Offline Mode.
- Boot the wiping target with BCWipe Total WipeOut either over the network (1a) or from a CD or USB drive (1b).
Upon wiping completion, BCWipe Total WipeOut can generate and send a wiping report to the server via the network.
- As soon as BCWipe Total WipeOut starts on a hardware asset, it registers in the server.
- An operator selects assets from the inventory and starts wiping with the predefined wiping policy.
- In Online Mode, BCWipe Total WipeOut wiping software is controlled from the server; no local control is allowed.
- Using a bootable CD or USB drive containing your preferred wiping policy (see Making a Bootable USB Drive), boot the target system. If booting from a CD, insert a USB flash drive as well to store wiping reports.
- Select and wipe drives on the target system.
- Import the wiping report from the USB drive to the database via the BCWipe Total WipeOut server (see Upload Offline Wipe Logs). A report can be generated after importing the data.