Using the BCWipe Total WipeOut
BCWipe Total WipeOut is distributed as a BCWipe_total_wipeout.EXE self-extracted installation program that can be
run on computer with Windows operating system.
BCWipe Total WipeOut installation program uses the standard Windows way to install software and provides all necessary explanations of the installation details. The only default
information the user may want to change during installation is the Program Folder name for the BCWipe Total WipeOut software and the Destination Directory name where to place BCWipe Total WipeOut files.
In general the way of using BCWipe Total WipeOut is following:
- After installation run BCWipe Total WipeOut Configuration Wizard from the BCWipe Total WipeOut program group. The Wizard will guide you through the process of creating BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable disk.
- If you are going to boot your computer from CD-ROM drive - burn BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable CD using your favorite CD Burning software.
- Insert the BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable disk (CD disk to CD-ROM, USB flash to USB port) and configure the computer to boot from CD-ROM or USB drive.
- Reboot the computer and BCWipe Total WipeOut will run wiping using the options selected in BCWipe Total WipeOut Configuration Wizard.
Note that you can configure to start BCWipe Total WipeOut wipe operations either in automatic or in manual mode. In automatic mode no user intervention after boot-up is required.
BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable disk user interface
BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable disk main screen contains four areas, top-to-bottom:
- Header with program name and version and system clock
- The list of disks detected in a system
- Selected disk information/Log area
- Key shorcuts help
- Use Arrows to select a disk in the list of disks
controls the disk information/log area mode:
key allow the user to view contents of the selected disk: