Using the BCWipe Total WipeOut
BCWipe Total WipeOut is distributed as a self-extracted installation program that can be run on a computer
with Windows operating system.
The installation program installs BCWipeTWO Configuration Wizard for
creating bootable USB drive and/or preparing ISO image (in Wizard Enterprise edition). The image is
used to burn bootable CD disk with BCWipe Total WipeOut wiping utility.
BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable device allows booting computer with any operating
system or without any OS. BCWipe Total WipeOut wiping functions can be run automatically
or manually, for all the disks connected to the computer and detected by the program.
In general the way of using BCWipe Total WipeOut is following:
- After installation, run BCWipeTWO Configuration Wizard from the BCWipe Total WipeOut program group. The Wizard will guide you through the process of creating BCWipeTWO bootable device.
- If you are going to boot your computer from CD-ROM drive - burn BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable CD using your favorite CD Burning software.
- Insert the BCWipeTWO bootable device (CD disk to CD-ROM, USB stick to USB port) and configure the computer to boot from CD-ROM or USB drive.
- Reboot the computer and BCWipe Total WipeOut will run wiping using the options selected in BCWipeTWO Configuration Wizard.
Note that you can configure to start BCWipe Total WipeOut wipe operations either in automatic or in manual mode. In automatic mode no user intervention after boot-up is required.
BCWipe Total WipeOut user interface
BCWipe Total WipeOut main screen contains four areas, top-to-bottom:
- Header with program name and version and system clock
- The list of disks detected in the system
- Selected disk information/Log area
- Key shorcuts help
- Use Arrows to select a disk in the list of disks
controls the disk information/log area mode:
key allows the user to view contents of the selected disk: