Main menu of the BestCrypt Volume Encryption program consists of the following
- Volumes. The submenu contains commands to manage
encryption of volumes. Since every command from the submenu runs for a concrete
volume, the user should select volume in
Volume or Disk pane and then run
the desired command.
- Mount Encrypted Volume.
- Dismount Encrypted Volume.
- Encrypt Volume.
- Decrypt Volume.
- Mount at Logon. The option is available for encrypted volumes. When the user checks the
option, the program will automatically ask to enter password and mount the volume when the
user logs on. Note that the option is always set for boot/system volume, because the program
requires entering password for the volume at boot time.
- Mount at Boot time. The option is available for encrypted volumes. When the user checks
the option, the program will mount the volume when the computer starts booting the operating system.
1. The option is always set for boot/system volume, because the program
must mount the volume at boot time.
2. The option is available only if boot/system volume is encrypted. If boot/system volume
is not encrypted, the software does not run any code at boot time, hence, it is not possible
to mount any volume at the time.
3. There is a difference between Mount at Logon and Mount at Boot time options:
- Mount at Logon is a per-user setting. Only the user who set the option will be automatically
asked to mount the volume after the user logs on.
- Mount at Boot time option works for all users, because it mounts the volume before
any user logs on.
- Manage Passwords.
- Encryption key: Move Key to
external storage and Restore key from external storage
- Exit. Run the command to quit the application.
- Rescue. Commands from the submenu allows the user to
prepare Bootable CD or removable USB disk, or Floppy disk with Rescue File, to make a
backup copy of the Rescue File, run recovery decryption of disk volume and manage
encryption keys on hardware token devices:
- Save Rescue Data.
- Decrypt with Rescue File.
- Default Rescue Settings. The command allows the user to select the folder where the program
should save rescue file automatically every time when the user changes configuration of an encrypted
- Hardware Token menu contains the following submenus:
Sectors. The submenu contains commands to view sectors
on logical volumes as well as sectors on physical disks. It is also possible to save
and restore contents of physical disk sectors to/from files.
View. The submenu contains commands to refresh Volume and
Disk panes and to turn on/off bars in main window.
- Boot-time prompt for password.
- Anti-Keylogger settings.
- Alarm Crash Hotkey.
- Unattended Mount At Restart.
- Work with floppy drives. When the option is set, the program allows the user
to work with encrypted floppy disks. Scanning floppy drives requires time and slows down the
user interface, so if the user does not work with floppy disks, it is recommended to turn off the option.
- Actions for inserted encrypted disk.
- Hide drive letters for not mounted volumes. When the option is set, the program
makes Windows do not display drive letters for not mounted volumes. Not mounted volume looks
like not formatted volume and Windows may suggest the user should format it. Setting the option
to hide drive letters for not mounted volumes allows avoiding the risk of accidental
formatting the volumes.
- Software Language. The submenu contains list of user interface languages
available for the software. If the user selects one of the languages, the program redraws
its window and starts using the selected language.
- Traveller Mode files.
- Hardware acceleration.
- Benchmark. Run the command to define performance of encryption algorithms in different
encryption modes on your computer hardware.
Help. The submenu contains commands to display
help documentation or information about the program.
- Refresh F5. Run the command to refresh Volume and Disk panes in main window
of the program.
- Toolbar. Check the menu subitem to make Toolbar
appeared in main window.
- Status bar. Check the menu subitem to make Status
Bar appeared in main window.
- Help. Run the command to display help documentation for the program.
- About BestCrypt Volume Encryption. Run the command to display information about
version of the program.