User interface of BestCrypt Volume Encryption program is designed close
to traditional interface of Windows Disk Management Console in
Computer Management program. It helps the user easily understand
a whole idea of using the program and provides a graphic representation of
volumes' location on physical disks in easy form.
When you run BestCrypt Volume Encryption program, the following window
Main window of the BestCrypt Volume Encryption program consists of the
- Menu containing all the commands allowing the user
to run main functions of the software.
- Toolbar - a bar with buttons. The buttons allow
the user to run frequently used functions by a single mouse click.
- Volume pane. The pane contains list of volumes
the software can encrypt.
- Disk pane. The pane shows graphic representation of every volume location on
- Splitter. It allows the user to share space in main window between
Volume pane and Disk pane.
For example, you can move the splitter to bottom of the main window so that
Disk pane will not be visible at all. In every day work you probably do not
need in observing locations of volumes on physical drives, because commands
to mount/dismount volumes are possible to run with only Volume pane visible.
Such "removing" Disk pane from main window allows the user to minimize space
needed for Volume Encryption window on monitor and simplify the window. The
following picture illustrates the example:
- Status bar. The bar shows status of currently running command. As well,
status bar displays short description of command the user selects in menu.