Jetico Product Release Notes:
BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux v.3
Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form at
Supported Operating Systems
BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux supports the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 12.04+
- Debian 7+
- RedHat / CentOS 6+
- Fedora 20+
- Linux Mint 17+
- LMDE 2+ (Linux Mint Debian Edition)
SLES 11.4 x64
SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2
- openSUSE Leap 42.2
For different Linux distribution, please contact
Jetico Technical Support.
06-April-2017 | v.3.1.0
- Added capability to protect container files from unauthorized or accidental commands with 'Container Guard'.
- Added capability to dismount containers after inactivity as set by the user with 'Resident' mode.
- Added capability to mount containers in less time by enabling 'Resident' mode, an automatic password prompt at startup.
- Added support for AES-NI hardware encryption.
16-March-2017 | v.3.0.4
- Fixed error when loading kernel modules on SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2.
03-February-2017 | v.3.0.3
- Fixed error with file permissions when installing Fedora RPM package.
- Fixed error when checking licenses for package upgrade.
18-January-2017 | v.3.0.2
- Added support for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2.
- Fixed minor error when mounting hidden containers after creation.
16-November-2016 | v.3.0.1
- Added support for Linux kernel 4.8 (Fedora 24 updates).
04-October-2016 | v.3.0
Commercial version 3.0 of BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux released.
- Added ability to create containers with Keyfiles.
Improved compatibility with containers created on Windows, Mac OS and Android.
- Added ability to perform several operations on different containers simultaneously.
- Added new key stretching functionality, including control over iteration counter and salt randomizing.
- Added ability to set mount point, keyfiles, hash algorithm, iterations count, salt and encrypt header at container creation time.
- Added strong random generation mode at container creation time.
- Added ability to encrypt headers to disguise encrypted files as random data.
- Added ability to backup, restore, set keyfiles, encrypt and decrypt header within enhanced Command Line.
- Simplified creation process, including progress bar of encryption operations, with revamped GUI.
- Added ability to filter containers.