Jetico Product Release Notes:
BestCrypt Base v.2
Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form at
Supported Hardware for Key Server:
- Windows computer
- Raspberry Pi device
- Raspberry Pi model B
- SD card, 64 MB or larger
- USB stick, 1GB or larger
- HDMI cable & display (optional, but good for testing)
- USB keyboard (optional, but good for testing)
- Dedicated PC
- CPU - Intel Atom/Celeron/Pentium or better or AMD processor of same class
- RAM - 256 MB or more
- Mainboard/BIOS - must be able to boot from USB flash drive
- Graphics/Display - required for setup stage, not used afterwards
- Keyboard - required for setup stage, not used afterwards
- Network card - one Ethernet port
- USB ports - one free port required
Supported Operating Systems for BestCrypt Base Clients:
(32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
29-February-2016 | BestCrypt Base Console v.2.11.01 | BestCrypt Base Client v.3.71.03
- Improved protection of removable drives.
- Fixed occasional error on 32-bit systems encrypted by AES algorithm with hardware acceleration.
25-November-2015 | BestCrypt Base Console v.2.11.01 | BestCrypt Base Client v.3.71.00
- Added ability to change or reset boot password on the client side.
17-July-2015 | BestCrypt Base Console v.2.10.08 | BestCrypt Base Client v.3.70.25
- Improved backup/restore database procedure.
- Improved stability of USB drive that works as Key Server.
- Fixed boot-time issue with Dell computers.
- Fixed error in Key Server updating.
12-February-2015 | BestCrypt Base Console v.2.00.09 | BestCrypt Base Client v.3.70.12
- Added 'Combined' option for Key Server location - Key Server and Console both run on the same computer with an active Windows OS.
19-November-2014 | BestCrypt Base Console v.2.00.05 | BestCrypt Base Client v.3.70.08
- Added central management for encryption of removable drives.