Jetico Product Release Notes:
BCWipe for Windows v.6
Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form at
Minimum System Requirements
- 10 MB disk space
- PC with 486 or higher processor
Supported Operating Systems
BCWipe supports the following operating systems (including 32 and 64-bit versions):
- Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 (no support for ReFS)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
10-April-2017 | BCWipe v.6.09.4 | Task Manager 3.06.6.3 | Extension Library 126.96.36.199 | Driver 5.56
21-September-2016 | BCWipe v.6.09.3 | Task Manager 3.06.6.3 | Extension Library 188.8.131.52 | Driver 5.56
- Kernel mode drivers digitally signed by Microsoft for compatibility with Windows 10 version 1607, also known as the Anniversary Update.
- Improved ability to wipe files at system startup.
- Fixed minor bugs.
22-August-2016 | BCWipe v.6.09.2 | Task Manager 3.06.6.1 | Extension Library 184.108.40.206 | Driver 5.55
- Added ability to wipe free space on several disks in parallel.
- Fixed minor bugs.
12-August-2016 | BCWipe v.6.09.1 | Task Manager 3.06.6 | Extension Library 220.127.116.11 | Driver 5.55
- Added 'Printer History' in 'Wipe Local History' task.
- Fixed error in generating log files when this option is disabled in 'Transparent Wiping'.
- Fixed error in 'Shutdown After Wiping' setting.
23-June-2016 | BCWipe v.6.09 | Task Manager 3.06.5.15 | Extension Library 18.104.22.168 | Driver 5.55
- Added MS Office and other items to 'Wipe Local History' - NOTE: The task uses a new format, it is recommended to delete old 'Wipe Local History' tasks and create new ones by using this version.
- Added ability to wipe pagefiles larger than 2GB with 'Wipe Swap File'.
- Added ability to wipe free space on network mapped drives through BCWipe Task Manager.
- Added 'Show log file' button in 'Wipe Free Space' progress window.
- Fixed error when wiping NFS shared drives.
- Fixed error in 'Transparent Wiping' logging.
29-February-2016 | BCWipe v.6.08.6 | Task Manager 3.06.5.5 | Extension Library 22.214.171.124 | Driver 5.55
- Fixed stability issue of 'Transparent Wiping' when encrypting files with EFS.
13-January-2016 | BCWipe v.6.08.5 | Task Manager 3.06.5.5 | Extension Library 126.96.36.199 | Driver 5.54
- Improved ability to process NTFS hardlinks, symbolic links and junction points.
- Updated 'Wipe Internet History' command to support the latest version of Opera browser.
- Fixed error when wiping encrypted files.
- Fixed error when wiping file slacks - some timestamps of read-only files were modified by BCWipe.
11-December-2015 | BCWipe v.6.08.4 | Task Manager 3.06.5.2 | Extension Library 188.8.131.52 | Driver 5.54
- Fixed stability issues of 'Transparent Wiping' updating to Windows 10 Threshold 2 (Version 1511, build 10586).
01-December-2015 | BCWipe v.6.08.3 | Task Manager 3.06.5 | Extension Library 184.108.40.206 | Driver 5.54
- Fixed error when running 'Wipe Local History' task created by an older version.
25-November-2015 | BCWipe v.6.08.2 | Task Manager 3.06.4.7 | Extension Library 220.127.116.11 | Driver 5.54
- Improved wiping performance on EFS-encrypted files.
29-September-2015 | BCWipe v.6.08.1 | Task Manager 3.06.4.6 | Extension Library 1.0.45 | Driver 5.54
- Added support for Microsoft Edge browser.
- Updated to comply with the latest version of all supported browsers.
- Fixed error with folders being marked as 'Compressed' after wiping.
- Fixed minor bugs.
16-June-2015 | BCWipe v.6.07.27.2 | Task Manager 3.06.4.2 | Extension Library 1.0.45 | Driver 5.54
- Updated for compatibility with Jetico Central Manager v.2.5.
12-May-2015 | BCWipe v.6.07.27 | Task Manager 3.06.3 | Extension Library 1.0.45 | Driver 5.52
- Fixed stability issue of BCWipe when wiping MFT records.
06-February-2015 | BCWipe v.6.07.24 | Task Manager 3.06.1 | Extension Library 18.104.22.168 | Driver 5.51
07-January-2015 | BCWipe v.6.07.23 | Task Manager 3.06.1 | Extension Library 22.214.171.124 | Driver 5.47
- Fixed error in wiping Internet History - Chrome Extensions are no longer wiped.
- Added new flag in Command Line syntax: -noNTFSLogFile.
17-December-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.22 | Task Manager 3.06 | Extension Library 126.96.36.199 | Driver 5.47
19-November-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.21 | Task Manager 3.06 | Extension Library 188.8.131.52 | Driver 5.47
- Added support for wiping Internet Explorer v.10/11 Web Cache.
- Fixed error in wiping files encrypted with EFS.
09-October-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.20 | Task Manager 3.05.9 | Extension Library 184.108.40.206 | Driver 5.47
- Extended return codes for BCWipe running in batch mode.
- Added support for the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and special MSI version of Google Chrome.
- Fixed minor bugs.
04-July-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.11 | Task Manager 3.05.8 | Extension Library 220.127.116.110 | Driver 5.47
30-April-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.9 | Task Manager 3.05.6 | Extension Library 1.0.43 | Driver 5.47
- Fixed error in 'Move with source wiping' operation.
- Fixed error in File Viewer.
11-February-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.7 | Task Manager 3.05.5 | Extension Library 18.104.22.1680 | Driver 5.47
- Fixed error in wiping files or folders with name pattern specified by user.
05-February-2014 | BCWipe v.6.07.6 | Task Manager 3.05.5 | Extension Library 22.214.171.1240 | Driver 5.47
12-December-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07.5 | Task Manager 3.05.4 | Extension Library 126.96.36.1990 | Driver 5.46
- Fixed error in wiping Internet Explorer history.
- Fixed error in AutoUpdate utility.
26-November-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07.4 | Task Manager 3.05.4 | Extension Library 188.8.131.520 | Driver 5.46
- Added support for Opera v.16+.
- Fixed minor bugs.
11-October-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07.3 | Task Manager 3.05.3 | Extension Library 184.108.40.2060 | Driver 5.46
- Improved safeness of directory slacks wiping when wiping system and user profile directories.
- Fixed BCWipe failure when running several wiping tasks at user's logoff.
03-October-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07.2 | Task Manager 3.05.2 | Extension Library 220.127.116.110 | Driver 5.46
- Fixed occasional crash of BCWipeTM process at the end of task executing.
26-September-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07.1 | Task Manager 3.05 | Extension Library 18.104.22.1680 | Driver 5.46
24-September-2013 | BCWipe v.6.07 | Task Manager 3.05 | Extension Library 22.214.171.1240 | Driver 5.46
- Added support for Internet Explorer v.11.
- Added the ability to wipe saved network passwords when wiping local history.
- Improved compatibility between Transparent Wiping and Windows Updates.
- Wipe free space adjusted to wipe disks encrypted with TrueCrypt.
24-June-2013 | BCWipe v.6.05.1 | Task Manager 3.04.2 | Extension Library 126.96.36.1998 | Driver 5.45
18-June-2013 | BCWipe v.6.05 | Task Manager 3.04.2 | Extension Library 188.8.131.528 | Driver 5.45
- Improved registration procedure.
- Fixed bug: Restore Point was wiped but not deleted when wiping a file under certain conditions.
- Fixed error in running an operation that requires administrator privileges from standard user account.
- Fixed error it task queueing.
- Fixed occasional system crash at wiping unused MFT records.
- Fixed minor bug in BCWipe Scheme Editor.
08-May-2013 | BCWipe v.6.04.3 | Task Manager 3.04.1 | Extension Library 184.108.40.2068 | Driver 5.44
- Fixed occasional crash of 'Wipe directory slacks' operation.
11-April-2013 | BCWipe v.6.04.2 | Task Manager 3.03.9 | Extension Library 220.127.116.115 | Driver 5.44
- Fixed compatibility with the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Cookies are now wiped completely.
- User settings are not deleted.
- Fixed error in ‘excluded pattern’ for directory wiping.
- New option included in AutoUpdate utility.
12-March-2013 | BCWipe v.6.04.1 | Task Manager 3.03.8 | Extension Library 18.104.22.1685 | Driver 5.44
05-March-2013 | BCWipe v.6.04 | Task Manager 3.03.8 | Extension Library 22.214.171.1245 | Driver 5.44
05-December-2012 | BCWipe v.6.03 | Task Manager 3.03.6 | Extension Library 126.96.36.1991| Driver 5.44
- Improved performance of MFT wiping when wiping files/folders.
- New options for event-based scheduling: logon, logoff and startup wiping tasks can now be configured to start once a day/week/month.
04-October-2012 | BCWipe v.6.02 | Task Manager 3.03.4 | Extension Library 1.0.4 0| Driver 5.43
- Added support for Windows 8, including the ability to wipe data on Storage Spaces.
28-August-2012 | BCWipe v.6.01.03 | Task Manager 3.03.3 | Extension Library 1.0.38 | Driver 5.42
17-August-2012 | BCWipe v.6.01.02 | Task Manager 3.03.3 | Extension Library 1.0.38 | Driver 5.42
12-July-2012 | BCWipe v.6.01.01 | Driver 5.42
- Added central management of Reserved Space (only available in BCWipe - Enterprise Edition).
- Fixed minor bugs.
29-June-2012 | BCWipe v.6.01 | Driver 5.42
Commercial version 6.01 of BCWipe released.
- Faster Wipe Free Space operation with new Reserved Space Manager
Wipe Free Space can be a time-consuming process. Modern large disks with terabytes
of free space could take several days to complete. BCWipe's new Reserved Space
Manager saves time by preserving the wiped space in a clean state.
For more detailed information, see Reserved Space article in Help File.
- Wipe directory slack space on NTFS drives
The NTFS directory node is a special file that contains names of files and subdirectories.
Like any other file, the directory node/entry has slack space which may still contain
names of deleted files, as well as other deleted data.
- Wipe temporary data stored in NTFS log file
NTFS is a journaling file system that uses the NTFS Log ($LogFile) to record usage
history of the file system.
- Avoid Low Disk Space situation
BCWipe is now smart enough to overwrite free space without causing a Low Disk Space
- MFT wiping is faster and more convenient than ever
When wiping free space and unused MFT records, BCWipe v.6 wipes MFT several times
faster than before. When wiping a file, BCWipe v.6 wipes the corresponding MFT
- New wiping standards added
BCWipe now includes British HMG IS5 (Baseline, Enhanced), Canadian RCMP TSSIT
OPS-II, NAVSO-P5239-26, Russian GOST R 50739-95, US Army AR380-19
05-March-2012 | BCWipe v.6.00.1 Beta | Driver 5.42
Beta version of BCWipe v.6 announced.