Encrypted Archive with BCArchive
Want to compress a bunch of documents into a single encrypted file for archiving?
Use BCArchive. Zip, Arj and RAR can compress files, but they can’t protect them from prying eyes like BCArchive can.
Free File Encryption Software by Jetico
BCArchiveTM is designed to compress a group of files/folders into a single encrypted file, which can also be converted to an executable program.
BCArchive embeds itself within Windows and can be activated from:
- The Explorer FILE Menu
- The context (right-click) menu
- A command-line prompt
- A batch file
BCArchive enables the use of existing public keys from BestCrypt databases, and those created for PGP software, which have been used world-wide for many years.
Click on the following features for more information:
- Create Compressed and Encrypted Archive File Protected by Password
- Create Compressed and Encrypted Archive File by Using the Public Key of Another User
- Add Several Passwords to an Existing Archive File
- Apply more than one Public Key to an Archive File Enabling a Number of Users to Decrypt the Archive
- Generate New or Use Existing Secret/Public Key Pairs in PKCS-12/X.509 Format
- Compress and Encrypt Data to a Self-extracted Executable Program
- Synchronize, Import, Export Functions
- Includes BCTextEncoder Utility
Compression utility supported by strong encryption
BCArchive utilizes the following encryption algorithms, standards and specifications:
- Symmetric algorithms: Rijndael (AES), Blowfish-256, Blowfish-448, IDEA, CAST5, GOST 28147-89, Triple DES.
- Secure Hash Algorithms: SHA-256, SHA-1, MD5 and RIPEMD-160.
- Asymmetric (public/secret key pair) algorithms: RSA, ElGamal / Diffie-Hellman.
- Specifications for public/secret key pair format: PKCS #12, X.509.
- PKCS #5 recommendations for the implementation of password-based cryptography.
- RFC 2440 specifications for session keys encrypted by symmetric or public key encryption algorithms.
BCArchive is very simple yet very secure - just specify a password for the archive when you create it and enter the same password to decrypt and extract the data. Passwords are no longer needed if you have your recipient’s public key - just choose your recipient’s public key and click Encode.
Use self-extracting archives - avoid the need for your recipient to install the software
BCArchive offers you the facility to create a 'self-extracting' file. Data is compressed and encrypted into a single archive file, which is converted to an executable program. At any time thereafter you or your recipient can run the program on any computer and extract the data without installing any special software.
If you would like to translate BCArchive into your native language, contact Jetico Technical Support.
Compress and encrypt your sensitive data... Rely on BCArchive to protect your privacy and save your hard drive space