BestCrypt Reviewed by PCWorld
BestCrypt for Linux v.3 Now Released!
- Access containers on Linux, Windows, Mac & Android
- Enhanced usability with revamped GUI
- Overall performance boost
- Enhanced security with support for keyfiles, hashing and salting functions
BestCrypt Volume Encryption - Hard Disk Encryption Software
Looking for HIPAA Compliant Encryption? Read Success Story Switching from TrueCrypt? Simple Steps to Migrate
Sometimes the weakest link in your enterprise security is the user. A laptop gets lost at the airport or a USB stick carrying next quarter’s financial reports get misplaced, exposing your company to data theft or regulatory penalties.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption is an evolved class of disk encryption products that allows users to encrypt:
- Modern volumes residing on a number of physical disk devices, such as:, Spanned, Striped, Mirrored, RAID-5 volumes
- Windows 8 Storage Spaces
- Old MS-DOS style disk partitions
BestCrypt Volume Encryption - Enterprise Edition includes Jetico Central Manager to remotely deploy the clients across all workstations, monitor usage of encrypted disk volumes, distribute encryption policies and centrally manage recovery information necessary to access encrypted data in case of emergency.
Click on the following features for more information:
- Encrypt System and Boot Volumes
- Support for UEFI-based Computers
- Secure Boot Included
- Encrypt RAID and All Types of Volumes Residing on Fixed and Removable Disks
- Pre-Boot Authentication
- Supports Tokens for Secure Hardware Storage of Encryption Keys
- Two-Factor Authentication with Removable Disk Drives
- User-Friendly Encryption
- Option to Boot Encrypted Volumes Only from Trusted Network
- Supports Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for Unattended Reboot
- Secure Hibernation
- Rescue Functions to Decrypt Volumes in Emergency Case
- Central Management for Deployment, Monitoring, Encryption Policy Distribution and Password Recovery
Jetico Central Manager
Jetico Central Manager, included as a component in BestCrypt Container Encryption - Enterprise Edition, has been developed to enable a single person (Administrator) from a central administration computer to control all functions including the initial installation of the Administration Database on a Server and BestCrypt Container Encryption client software on any number of remote workstations.
Take command of all encryption activities
Jetico Central Manager enables an administrator to always monitor usage of encrypted data on remote workstations all across an enterprise network and includes a database for gathering and storing information from client computers, such as log information about deployment and updates of BestCrypt Container Encryption client modules or rescue information to recover encrypted data in case of emergency.
Be smart about security
Jetico Central Manager is a flexible and convenient tool for controlling client software on remote computers. Central management of a corporate network immediately results in greater reliability and security - far superior to allowing a large organization of computers to independently run data protection software on their own.
Prevent unintended data leaks
BestCrypt Volume Encryption protects all data on entire hard drives from leaking out. With Pre-Boot Authentication, BestCrypt Volume Encryption is loaded before your operating system so nobody can get access to any data on your computer or drive unless they have the right password or keys.
Painless encryption: work easily and transparently
BestCrypt Volume Encryption is really easy to use - once the password is verified, you can transparently access and use the data for any application. No further actions are needed to keep new or altered data in the secure encrypted state.
Superior whole disk encryption
Compared to full disk encryption, BestCrypt Volume Encryption offers the following added benefits:
- More flexible solution (works on RAID)
- More user-friendly method
- Lighter performance impact
Support for UEFI-based computers - Secure Boot included
BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows encryption of boot/system volumes on computers with operating systems loaded according to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
Gain peace of mind with strong encryption algorithms
BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes strong encryption algorithms (AES, Serpent and Twofish). Every algorithm is implemented with the largest possible key size defined in the algorithm's specification, all avalable with the most secure XTS encryption mode.
- Significantly reduced total cost of ownership, thanks to faster deployment times, minimized maintenance and superior data leak prevention
- Centralized deployment of BestCrypt Volume Encryption client software on remote computers from Jetico Central Manager (JCM) console
- Automatic updates of the client software
- Monitor usage of encrypted disk partitions/volumes and gather information from client computers in a central JCM database
- Central management of encryption policy distribution
- On client side, end-user only needs to enter/set password to initiate encryption as configured by Administrator in JCM
- Control user access to encryption/decryption of disk volumes
- Admins can now decide whether to allow users to ‘Manage Encryption Locally’ or force their computers to abide by a central policy (NEW in JCM 2.5)
- Centralized security policies for removable disks
- Admins have the option to encrypt removable disks, such as USB sticks, with or without a password and can set individual security policies for non-encrypted removable disks to be read-only or forbidden entirely (NEW in JCM 2.5)
- Store all passwords and recovery information in JCM database, allowing security administrators to recover encrypted client data in case of emergency or forgotten password
- Centralized logging
- Create global reports in HTML format
- Automatic backup of Jetico Central Manager Database
- Compatible with systems management software (e.g., Microsoft SCCM, LANDesk)
- After entering command line instructions, computers are automatically added to JCM database and installation of client software will start with reports displayed on Deployment tab
- Support for Windows Active Directory (AD)
- JCM can import computers listed in AD database
Support for UEFI-based computers - Secure Boot included
BestCrypt Volume Encryption now allows encryption of boot/system volumes on computers with operating systems loaded according to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
Learn more about how we support Secure Boot for UEFI
Support for Windows 8
Once this commercial release occurs, Jetico users can continue to rely on BestCrypt Volume Encryption without interruption.
Encrypt Windows 8 Storage Spaces
BestCrypt Volume Encryption, developed to encrypt any type of disk volume, now works with Storage Spaces (a new capability that can combine multiple hard drives into a single virtual drive) just as it would for a simple disk partition. Users won’t need to know anything about complicated disk structures that form Storage Spaces.
Faster initial encryption
If you have a new disk drive, or a disk with some garbage, run "Format and encrypt" process that avoids the long initial encryption of all unused disk space. All data written to the disk later will be encrypted.
Rapid, convenient reconfiguration with More robust support of encrypted disk volumes
To reconfigure the size, location or type of software RAID, earlier versions of the software first required decryption of the encrypted volumes. Now version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption automatically adapts its internal information for encrypted volumes when changing their configuration.
Two-Factor Authentication with conventional removable disks (like USB sticks)
With version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption, encryption keys can be moved to a removable storage.
Option to boot encrypted volumes from trusted network for added layer of security
Encryption keys of boot/system disk volumes are not stored on the local computer, but on a network server. Enterprises can now benefit from an additional level of security. Since encryption keys are stored on an enterprise server, access to encrypted computers will be only possible when connected to the enterprise network.
Overall performance boost from support for new machine instructions (AES-NI) in the latest Intel processors
As a result, speed of the AES encryption module utilizing AES-NI instructions increased up to 5 times. Disk access to the encrypted volumes now operate up to 30% faster.
Supports Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for unattended reboot
The feature is used to manage servers that are required to function around-the-clock. If such a server has boot/system volume encrypted, every reboot of the server requires pre-boot authentication. To solve the problem BestCrypt Volume Encryption uses TPM hardware module for unattended reboot.
Added convenience for mounting volumes and protection against accidental formatting
When Windows discovers that an encrypted removable volume has been connected, it asks for the volume to be formatted. In some cases, this resulted in accidental formatting of encrypted volumes. Version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption now has the option to disable Windows formatting messages and offers an additional option to suggest mounting the volume for access.
Added support for other physical sector sizes
Disk devices with physical sector sizes other than 512 bytes are now supported in version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows encrypting data with many strong encryption algorithms. Every algorithm is implemented with the largest possible key size defined in the algorithm's specification:
- AES (Rijndael)
Utilize XTS encryption mode
Alternative languages (only for client side)
Jetico is only responsible for the English language version. Yet many of our users have kindly contributed translations of the software so it appears in their native language. Jetico appreciates our open global community of dedicated users and enables the distribution of these user-contributed translations:
We express our gratitude to contributors and believe their work is appreciated by other users. If you would like to translate BestCrypt Volume Encryption client software into your native language, contact Jetico Technical Support.
Hard Disk Encryption Software for Windows 10 Anniversary
Be confident all your data stays private. Trust BestCrypt Volume Encryption for your PC.
Talk to us today!