Container Guard Utility
BestCrypt Container Guard Utility is an integrated part of the BestCrypt system.
The utility monitors file system operations and protects file-containers from unauthorized deletion or removal.
If you try to delete a file-container using, for example, Windows Explorer, an error report about file sharing
violation error will appear.
Unfortunately, the utility may conflict with other residential software installed on your computer. Or there may
be a reason to edit or delete experimental BestCrypt containers from the disk. In these cases you may
disable the utility by the following ways:
- Select Disable command in
menu of BestCrypt Control Panel.
- Click Guard Utility icon on the toolbar.
The icon will be replaced with
to remind you that the utility is disabled.
- In Windows, only users with administrative privileges have the right to disable
the Guard Utility. This feature allows administrators to prevent inexperienced users from disabling the utility
and accidentally deleting BestCrypt file-containers.
- The Guard Utility protects file-containers only on a computer where the
BestCrypt software is installed. Be careful when file-containers are stored on drives of computers where
BestCrypt is not installed, because any user who has access to those drives can delete or move the containers.
- The Guard Utility protects file-containers with JBC extenxion of the name.
If you rename a container and change the extension, Guard Utility will not guard the file-container.
- The Guard Utility does not protect containers with wiped or encrypted headers.