Jetico Product Release Notes:
BestCrypt Container Encryption for Mac v.2
Note: This document is regularly updated and is subject to change without notice. We invite you to share your feedback with us, including reporting issues with our products, via our online contact form at
Minimum System Requirements
- 3.7 MB disk space
- Intel-based Mac computer
Supported Operating Systems
BestCrypt Container Encryption for Mac supports the following operating systems, including 32-bit
and 64-bit versions:
28-December-2016 | v.2.0.40
- Fixed minor compatibility issue with macOS Sierra.
23-September-2016 | v.2.0.27
- Added support for macOS Sierra.
20-June-2016 | v.2.0.13
15-March-2016 | v.2.0.0
Commercial version 2.0 of BestCrypt Container Encryption for Mac released.
- Added ability to create containers with Keyfiles.
- Improved compatibility with containers created on Windows, Linux and Android.
- Added ability to perform several operations on different containers simultaneously.
- Added new key stretching functionality, including control over iteration counter and salt randomizing.
- Added ability to set mount point, key files, hash algorithm, iterations count, salt and encrypt header at container creation time.
- Added support for RC6 and SERPENT encryption algorithms.
- Added support for Whirlpool, SHA3 and SHA-512 hash algorithms.
- Redesigned GUI: simplified mounting and sorting processes, progress bar of encryption operations.
- Added ability to access protected containers directly from Finder.
- Added ability to set virtual disk label when creating new or hidden containers.